Our pets can’t understand what fireworks are about. To them, the loud noises and bright flashes are scary and unexpected and our pets often want to escape from what is a high-stress situation for them.
There are ways you can prepare for Firework season in order to help your pets stay calm:
- Make sure your pets have a safe space or den where they feel comfortable.
- Check when displays are being held, keep your pets inside, and try to sound-proof your house by drawing curtains and keeping windows and doors shut.
- Introduce background noise using the TV or radio to make the sound of fireworks less obvious.
- Try to act normally as your pet will look to you for reassurance.
- Make sure your pet’s microchip information is up-to-date just in case of escape. This is a legal requirement for dogs and highly recommended for cats.
- Use a pheromone or natural calming product to help manage your pet’s anxiety. Just ask your team about the best products available.
Start to prepare now for Firework Season and help your pets to manage their firework fear or noise phobia. For further tips and advice, get in touch today!
Nutracalm – fast-acting support for stress & anxiety
Nutracalm is a fast-acting natural calming supplement to help stressed and anxious pets. Nutracalm has been specially formulated using a unique combination of natural ingredients. Its fast-acting nature makes it the perfect product for many short-term stressful situations, however, it has also been developed for safe long-term use. Make sure your practice is ready to reduce the stress by keeping stock of Nutracalm which calms pets within 1-2 hours naturally and without any sedative effect.
The natural solution helps pets that have been affected by stressful situations such as fireworks, loud noises, separation anxiety, travelling, vet visits and kennel stays.
- Fast acting (1-2hrs)
- Helps reduce stress
- Calms behaviour
- No sedative effect
- High strength
- Easy administration sprinkle capsules
- For dogs & cats
If you would like to discuss Nutracalm, or would like to order some ready for the fireworks, please call us on 01752 779999.